Topic-Salient features of world’s physical geography.
2) How are tidal currents different from tidal bores? Discuss the importance and uses of tidal current.(250 words)
Why this question:
Question is about the concepts of tidal currents and tidal bores and how they are different from each other. One is expected to throw some light upon the importance and utility of tidal bores.
Demand of the question:
This question seeks to examine the concept of Tidal bores, how they differ from regular tidal currents, and their specific uses.
Discuss– This is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Structure of the answer:
Start with what are tidal currents and their significance in the oceanic ecosystem.
Discuss the following points in detail:
- What are tidal bores – body of water that, during exceptionally high sea tides, rushes up some rivers and estuaries near a coast where there is a large tidal range and the incoming tide is confined to a narrow channel.
- What causes tidal bores? – natural phenomenon in which an incoming tide creates a wave of water that travels up along a river or a narrow bay causing water to flow against the river’s current.
- Where are tidal bores most common? – their range
- How are they different from Tidal currents?
- Explain the importance of tidal currents.
Conclude with their importance in oceanic ecosystem.