- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
In News- Young Scientist Programme (YUVIKA)
What to study?
For Prelims and Mains: Key features and significance of ISRO’s Young Scientist programme.
What is it?
ISRO has launched a special programme for school children called Yuva Vigyani Karyakram or Young Scientist Programme.
Highlights of the programme:
- The programme aims at imparting basic knowledge on space technology, space science and space applications to the younger ones with the intent of arousing their interest in the emerging areas of space activities.
- Under the programme, three students each will be selected to participate in it every year from each state and union territory, covering CBSE, ICSE and state syllabus.
- The eligibility for being chosen for the programme includes those students who have finished 8th standard and are currently studying in the 9th standard.
- The selection will be based on the academic performance and extracurricular activities of the students, as per the selection criteria already circulated to the chief secretaries of the states and administrators of Union Territories.
- The students belonging to rural areas have been given special weightage under the selection criteria set by ISRO.