Topic: Effects of globalization on Indian society.
1) Are the world countries witnessing de-globalisation? Examine and explain the associated implications.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is in the context of rising trends of de-globalization being witnessed across the world. Increased protectionism professed especially by countries like USA etc.
Key demands of the question:
The answer must first elaborate on what is deglobalization, what are the causes of it, its impact and implications on countries like India. Compare and contrast it with effects of globalization in the recent past.
Examine – When asked to ‘Examine’, we have to look into the topic (content words) in detail, inspect it, investigate it and establish the key facts and issues related to the topic in question. While doing so we should explain why these facts and issues are important and their implications.
Structure of the answer:
Briefly discuss the backdrop of the rising trends of protectionism.
The body of the answer should address the following dimensions:
- What do you understand by deglobalization.
- Discuss the raising global fears of a possible slowing down of the global economic recovery, due to de-globalization.
- Elaborate on “national interests first” attitude in trade and economic policies by the countries of the world.
- What are the implications of it?
- Its affects on India, discuss it with examples.
Conclude with way forward, what needs to be done to strike a balance between globalization and deglobalization.