Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
5) List down the highlights of National Health Policy, 2017. What are the challenges facing it? What strategies can be adopted for ensuring quality health care in India? Discuss.(250 words)
Why this question:
The article covers primarily the hurdles and issues being faced by the National Health Policy, 2017, it gives a good overview of NHP. It thus is important from mains point of view and to prepare health related topics of GS paper II.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must highlight the key goals of the policy, discuss in detail the challenges and the necessary strategies that need to be adopted for ensuring quality health care in India.
Structure of the answer
Briefly highlight the positives of the NHP 2017 .
Answers must discuss the following aspects :
- Highlight the salient features of the policy.
- Explain the positives and lacunas.
- Discuss the challenges therein – information asymmetry, lack of penetration of private healthcare in vulnerable areas etc.
- What should be done? – More health professionals need to be deployed for primary care in rural areas, involving private sector, robust health data etc.
Conclude with significance of such a health policy and need for development of infrastructure conducive for it.