Topic-Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
1) The recently proposed establishment of the Bhartiya Shiksha Board in order to revitalize Vedic education seem to have more of negative consequences for the caste dynamics in our society than the positives it would bring. Comment (250 words)
Why this question:
The article from EPW provides for an exhaustive analysis of the negative implications of such an education system and studies what are the implications of Vedic education for the total destruction of caste.
Key demands of the question:
The question expects one to critically analyse the ill effects of such an education system that can impact the caste fabric of India. One has to bring out how it helps the old redundant Brahmanical supremacy back into the fora. However one must also highlight the positives associated if any and conclude with what changes are urgently required by such a system to actually fructify.
Comment – here we have to express our knowledge and understanding of the issue and form an overall opinion thereupon
Vedas, Brahmanical practices, Hindu-run educational institutions etc
Structure of the answer:
A good start can be with some fact highlighting the importance of a robust education system for India.
The body of the answer address the following dimensions:
- What is it about the Vedic education system?
- Current dynamics associated with Bhartiya Shiksha Board.
- Vedic education also followed Brahmanical practices, thus what will be its impact on caste dynamics of India. In such a case how will it fail to make education system better?
- Conclude with how Vedic system should not be made a tool for political agenda and rather valuable inputs from every system in the past that has contributed to the education system must be envisaged with modern and liberal outlook to it that accommodates the needs of the newer eras.
Education system has its own key place in deciding the growth and development of the country , and thus one should not tweak with such systems.