Topic– Industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries,
colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.- their forms and effect on the society.
1) Outline the role of Simon Bolivar in the liberation of Latin America. What accounts for the collapse of Simon Bolívar’s project for “greater Colombia”? (250 words)
World history by Norman Lowe, World history NCERT
Why this question:
The question is from the category of decolonization, It is in the context of contributions made by Simon Bolivar in the liberation of Latin America.
Outline- here we have to trace the series of events with respect to the topic in question and conclude with its significance.
Key demands of the question:
The answer should provide for a close examination of the role played by Simon Bolivar in the liberation of Latin America and later quote the reasons that led to the failure of Simon Bolivar’s project for “greater Colombia”.
One must trace the events from Spanish colonies in North, Central and South America declaring independence from Spanish rule in the early nineteenth century.
Structure of the answer:
Start with the significance of liberation of Latin America.
Discuss the following aspects in the answer:
- The causes or inspiration to the revolt.
- The injustice of Spanish rule.
- Fight for all rights by Simon Bolivar.
- Gran Colombia (Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador and Panama) from 1819 to 1830.
- Discuss the issues and challenges faced by him due to constant quarrels and rivalries among the leaders of the states.
- Failure of Greater Columbia goal – causes and consequences.
Conclude with significance of Simon Bolivar.