Topic– Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
2) Discuss the social and economic conditions of the people of India in the eighteenth century. (250 words)
Modern Indian History by BIPIN CHANDRA PAL (NCERT TEXTBOOK OLD)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to look into the social and economic conditions of the people in India, in the eighteenth century.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the eighteenth century India. E.g India of the 18th century, failed to make sufficient economic, social or cultural progress necessary to save the country from collapse.
Discuss in points, the social and economic conditions of the people of Indian in the eighteenth century. E.g
- The increasing revenue demands of the state, oppression by the officials, the greed and rapacity of the nobles, revenue farmers and zamindars, marches and counter-marches of the rival armies made the life of the people wretched.
- Extreme poverty of the peasants existed side by side of the extreme luxury of the powerful nobles.
- Techniques of production remained stationary for years.
- Even though Indian villages were largely self-sufficient and imported little from outside, extensive trade within the country and with other countries of Europe and Asia was carried on under the Mughals.
- However constant warfare, d
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.