Topic- salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
2) Abanindranath Tagore made huge contribution towards Indian art and culture. Discuss.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the role and contribution of Abanindranath Tagore towards Indian culture and art development. We have to write in detail about his works, themes and lifetime contributions.
Structure of the answer
Introduction- write a few introductory lines about the Abanindranath Tagore. E.g
Discuss in points the contribution of Abanindranath Tagore towards Indian art and culture. E.g
- Abanindranath Tagore, the nephew of Rabindranath Tagore, was one of the most prominent artists of India.
- He was the first major supporter of swadeshi values in Indian art. Abanindranath first created the ‘Indian Society of Oriental Art’ and later went on to establish Bengal school of art.
- His sole aim for establishing the school was to counter the English influence on Indian artists.
- He did that by incorporating Indian elements in his works and achieved success when British art institutions gave in and accepted to teach and propagate his style of works in their organizations.
- His idea of modernizing Mughal and Rajput paintings eventually gave rise to modern Indian painting, which took birth at his Bengal school of art.
- Abanindranath is also regarded as a proficient and accomplished writer. Most of his literary works were meant for children.
- Some of his books like ‘BudoAngla’, ‘Khirer Putul’ and ‘Rajkahini’ are best examples of Bengali children’s literature.
- He was very much influenced by the Mughal School of painting as well as Whistler’s Aestheticism.
- In his later works, Abanindranath started integrating Chinese and Japanese calligraphic traditions into his style.
- The intention behind this move was to construct an amalgamation of the modern pan-Asian artistic tradition and the common elements of Eastern artistic and spiritual culture.
- Ganesh Janani, Bharat Mata, The Victory of Buddha are some of his prominent and famous paintings etc.
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue