- e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential.
What to study?
- For Prelims: About NABH and HOPE Portal.
- For Mains: Need for and significance of accreditation.
Context: National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Organizations (NABH) has revamped Entry-Level Certification Process of hospitals to make it simpler, digital, faster and user-friendly.
The revamped certification process is driven through a new portal called HOPE – Healthcare Organizations’ Platform for Entry-Level-Certification.
About HOPE Portal:
- It is an online platform for smooth and secure registration which provides a self-explanatory questionnaire to be filled by the HCO/SHCOs.
- It ensures quality at nascent stages by enrolling a wide range of hospitals across the country including Healthcare Organizations (HCOs).
- HOPE also enables them to comply with quality protocols, improve patient safety and the overall healthcare facility of the organization.