Topic– Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
8) Critically analyze the challenges involved in moving security forces in the volatile regions of J&K.(250 words)
Why this question
The recent attack on security forces in Kashmir highlights the threats and challenges in moving forces across the valley. In this context it is important to discuss those challenges and what could be done in dealing with those challenges.
Critically analyze- here we have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts, and present them as a whole in a summary. based on our discussion we have to form a concluding opinion on the issue.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to analyze the challenges involved in the movement of security forces across the J&K region and bring out as to what can be done in this regard.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the recent Pulwama attack. E.g mention the nature of atack and manner of execution.
- Discuss in points the challenges involved in moving security forces across the region. E.g
- The national highway NH-44 passes through several volatile districts of Kashmir region.
- At most places, the highway is surrounded by villages and residential colonies. Subsidiary roads connect to these villages.
- Every day, at least four security convoys move on the highway, two from Jammu to Kashmir and two the other way. Movement of convoys increases during summer.
- If movement of civilian traffic were to be halted during convoy movement, it would mean closing each stretch, southern and northern, for at least five hours.
- Also, it would also be very difficult to stop vehicles coming out of different residential areas along the highway.
- Discuss what could be the possible solution to those challenges. E.g
- Briefly discuss option of Airlifting the personnel
- Another alternative route is the railway etc.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.