Topic– salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
3) With progressing of time and constant cultural exchanges the ceramics in India was enriched and evolved to many great art forms. Discuss.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the ceramic art of India- its history, how it evolved and into what art forms it got translated.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the Ancient Indian art. E.g mention the antiquity of ancient Indian art dating as far back as the neolithic age when first traces of it have been found and the kinds of arts practised then.
Discuss about the ancient Indian ceramic and pottery arts and its evolution through time.
- Mention about the Indus Valley civilisation and that period have been found utensils made in materials such as quartzite and Flint which have been carved to adapt them better to more manageable and useful ways.
- Draw attention from this period the black and Red pottery in Adichanallur and also in the Brahmagiri area; – Red ceramic, area of the Rajasthan Banas (Hematite);Grey pottery from the basin of the Ganges; Polished black pottery found in the area of Jariana and Delhi.
- Several containers to hold grain and small seed in unglazed ceramic clay with little or no decoration have been found as well.
- The Indo Valley ceramic’s style was extended by the whole area of South Asia and as the time was by influenced also the style of the entire region.
- Ceramics in the form of cups, dishes for serving food and also some vessels with inscriptions in Indian writing (as the one of Ras al – Junayz) clearly show how important the ceramic and pottery was in the everyday life of this ancient civilization.
- Mention about the glazed and unglazed kinds of ceramics.
- Briefly discuss about the terracotta.
- Mention paper mache art etc.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.