Topic– Utilization of public funds
7) What are the issues faced in public procurement in India. Discuss.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the issues faced in public procurement in India which ultimately lead to faulty, low quality procurement and corruption.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– mention that in order to realize the desired outcomes from the budgetary outlays in India, an efficient and effective public procurement system is essential where strong and consistent implementation of the prescribed rules and regulations is equally critical etc.
Discuss in points, the issues faced in public procurement in India. E.g
- The absence of a comprehensive procurement Act
- Lack of standard bid documents
- Delays in activities in procurement cycle
- Unfair practices and corruption
- Presence of anti-competitive elements
- Low participation of the domestic MSEs
- Absence of an independent grievance redressal mechanism etc.
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.