Topic– challenges of corruption.
6) Discuss the institutional and legal framework to deal with corruption in India. (250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the framework that has been in place in India to deal with corruption. We have to highlight and discuss both the institutional as well as the legal framework to deal with the issue.
Structure of the answer
Introduction- write a few introductory lines about anti-corruption measures in India. E.g India endorsed the ADB-OECD Anti-Corruption Action Plan in 2001 and ratified the UN Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) and the UN Convention against Transnational Organized Crime (UNCTOC) recently in May 2011.
- Discuss the institutional measures to deal with corruption in India. E.g
- Supreme Court,
- Central Vigilance Commission (CVC),
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI),
- Office of the Controller & Auditor General (C&AG), and the Chief Information Commission etc.
- Discuss the legal framework to deal with corruption in India. E.g
- Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
- The Prevention of Money Laundering Act 2002
- The 2005 Right to Information (RTI) Act etc.
Discuss about these institutions and laws in further detail in order to bring out their strengths and limitations.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.