Topic- challenges of corruption.
5) “Corruption is not just the clearly “bad” cases of government officials skimming off money for their own benefit. It also includes cases where the systems don’t work well, and ordinary people are left in a bind, needing to give a bribe to get a work done or the licenses they need.” Discuss how corruption affects a nation.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to Write in detail as to how corruption affects a Nation. we have to bring out its effect on public money, Service Delivery and governance etc.
Structure of the answer
Introduction- write a few introductory lines about corruption. E.g Corruption comes under many different guises: bribery, misappropriations of public goods, nepotism (favoring family members for jobs and contracts), and influencing the formulation of laws or regulations for private gain.
Discuss how corruption affects a nation. E.g
- Vitiates the business atmosphere and discourages businesses from operating freely;
- thus, acts as a demotivating force, which reduces opportunities for all.
- Reduces the amount of money government has and degrades the quality of government services; for example education, healthcare, infrastructure, welfare programs, police, etc
- Is an important factor behind the widespread poverty in India. A large chunk of funds meant for the welfare programs for the poor is siphoned off by the corrupt officials and the intermediate agencies.
- Allows criminal activities such as money laundering, extortion and drug trafficking to thrive.
- Allows those with money or connections to bend the law or government rules in their favor etc.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.