Topic – Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate
6) Discuss the role of the Central Reserve Police Force in protecting India’s security.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the role and responsibilities of the Central reserve police Force in protecting India’s security.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the CRPF. e.g The Central Reserve Police Force came into existence as Crown Representative’s Police on 27th July 1939. It became the Central Reserve Police Force on enactment of the CRPF Act on 28th December 1949.
Discuss in points the role and responsibilities of the CRPF. E.g
- Crowd control
- Riot control
- Counter Militancy / Insurgency operations.
- Dealing with Left Wing Extremism
- Overall coordination of large scale security arrangement especially with regard to elections in disturbed areas.
- Protection of VIPs and vital installations.
- Checking environmental degradation and protection of local Flora and Fauna
- Fighting aggression during War time
- Participating in UN Peacekeeping Mission
- Rescue and Relief operations at the time of Natural Calamities etc.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.