Topic- Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention
7) What do you understand by cyber terrorism. Discuss. Also discuss the forms of cyber terrorism.(250 words)
Why this question
There has been an increase in incidents of Cyber terrorism across the world, including India. In this context it is important for us to understand the term in detail.
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the meaning of the term, cyber terrorism. It also wants us to discuss in detail about the forms of cyber terrorism.
Structure of the answer
Introduction- write a few introductory lines about the term cyber terrorism. E.g Cyber terrorism can be defined as electronic attacks from cyberspace from both the internal and external networks, particularly from the Internet that emanate from various terrorist sources with different set of motivations and are directed at a particular target.
- Discuss about the term in detail. E.g
- Cyber terrorism is the convergence of cyberspace and terrorism and it is different from cyber crimes, such as data theft, bank fraud etc.
- It is executed via cyberspace by individuals, groups or organizations who are directly influenced by some terrorist movements or/and its leaders; and motivated by a desire to effect political or ideological change;
- leading to violence that reaches physical and psychological repercussions beyond the immediate victim or target.
- Discuss the forms of cyber terrorism. E.g
- Hybrid Cyber Terrorism- use of the Internet for terrorist activities such as propaganda, recruitment, radicalization, fundraising, data mining, communication, training, and planning for actual terrorist attacks.
- Pure Cyber Terrorism
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.