Topic – Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders.
8) In your opinion what are the qualities that a good leader should possess. Illustrate with examples from lives of great leaders of the past.(250 words)
Why this question
Being a leader requires a different set of values which are discussed in this article. The question will help us learn important examples from the lives of great leaders and understand what it means to be a good leader.
Key demand of the question
The question expects us to bring out the qualities that manifest in a great leader and illustrate that with the help of examples from the lives of others great leaders.
Illustrate – Here your discussion on what makes a great leader should contain examples from the lives of others great leaders.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Highlight that leadership role requires a person to imbibe in themselves a distinct set of values
- Discuss the qualities that are found in great leaders –
- responsibility to take care of the interest of each person of the entire group. This often entails putting collective interest before her own interest or that of her preferred group.
- The ability to accept and learn from their mistakes
- Good communication skills etc
- Illustrate with examples from lives of other great leaders to show that they imbibed these qualities too
Conclusion – Give your view on the state of leadership around the world and the qualities that they lack or do not lack.