Topic– Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life.
8) What do you understand by a chemputer and how the system may revolutionize drug production?(250 words)
Key demand of the question
The question expects us to explain what chemputer is and the advantages it would offer for drug production.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Explain that recently scientists have developed a new method to produce drug molecules which use downloadable blueprints to easily and reliably synthesize organic chemicals via a programmable ‘chemputer’.
- Explain why this is significant –
- first time scientists are able to a synthesis of important drug molecules which can be achieved in an affordable and modular chemical-robot system called chemputer.
- The objective of this program is to develop a general abstraction for chemistry that can be made universal, practical, and driven by a computer programme.
- Discuss how it may revolutionize drug production
- Chempiler is the chemical recipes, run on a computer programme which instructs the computer how to produce molecules on-demand, more affordable and safely than ever possible before.
- The researchers claim the ability to use a universal code will allow chemists all around the world to convert their recipe into a digital code.
- This approach is a key step in the digitization of chemistry and will allow the universal assembly of complex molecules on demand, democratizing the ability to discover and make new molecules using a simple software app and a modular chemputer.
Conclusion – Explain about the scope of this technology.