Topic- Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life.
4) What do you understand by 5g technology? Discuss the advantages it offers? (250 words)
Key demand of the question
The question is quite straightforward in its demand. Explain what the technology, the characteristics which set it apart and the advantages of this technology.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Explain that 5G is a wireless communication technology. It is the next generation mobile networks technology after 4G LTE networks. The final standard for 5G will be set up by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU).
- Explain about 5g technology. The 5G Connectivity is name given to latest Technology in Internet technology that would ensure Fast Broadband Speeds along with capacity to perform well without regionalisation barriers. Characteristics Of 5G – Fast Speeds, Reliable, Higher Bandwidth, Low Latency Rate, Mobile Connectivity with many interconnected devices
- Discuss its advantages such as
- As per the OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development) Committee on Digital Economic Policy, 5G technologies rollout will help in increasing GDP, creating employment and digitizing the economy.
- The 5G technology will offer far greater upload and download speed available today.
- This will help cloud systems to stream software updates, music, and navigation data to driverless cars. In other words, it will help aid incorporate Artificial Intelligence in our lives.
- It will enable Smart devices to exchange data seamlessly providing the ecosystem for Internet of Things (IoT)
Conclusion – Discuss the immense application of 5g technology and how India should move ahead with respect to 5g.