Topic: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors
6) Discuss the recently released guidelines to re-energize and reinvigorate the Jan Shikshan Sansthans. (250 words)
Why this question
Jan Shikshan Sansthans is an important institution related to skill development in India and the government has released guidelines to further strengthen and reinvigorate the Jan Shikshan Sansthans. In this context it is important to discuss those guidelines in detail.
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the recently released guidelines to re-energize and reinvigorate the Jan Shikshan Sansthans.
Structure of the answer
Introduction- write a few introductory lines about the JSS. e.g JSSs can play an important role in bridging information asymmetry between skill training and market opportunities thereby giving an impetus to the creation of a workforce equipped in technology-driven skills, including in areas like health & wellness, tourism, e-commerce, retail and trade.
Discuss in detail the related guidelines. E.g
- Alignment of JSS course and curriculum to National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) to standardize training
- Decentralization of powers for JSSs- giving more accountability and independence to district administration
- To identify and promote traditional skills in the district through skilling / upskilling;
- Evidence based assessment system
- Easy Online certification
- Linking JSS to PFMS (Public Finance Management system) maintaining transparency and accountability of the ecosystem
- Creating livelihood linkages etc.
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.