Topic– Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions;
7) What are the factors influencing ethical behaviour. Discuss.(250 words)
Lexicon Ethics; Ethics and Human Interface
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the factors that influence ethical behaviour of a person, system and society.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about ethics. E.g briefly define what ethics means- Ethics is a set of standards that a society places on itself and which helps guide behaviour, choices and actions.
Discuss in points the factors which influence ethical/ unethical behaviour. E.g
- Individual personality traits: individual value system, upbringing, education, religious beliefs, experiences, etc,
- Culture/country of an individual.
- Organisation/industry: prevailing ethics of the organisation/ industry an individual works for.
- The levels of ethics in governance are dependent on the social, economic, political, cultural, legal- judicial and historical contexts of the country.
- These specific factors influence ethics in public administrative systems.
- Ethics, whether in an entire society, or in a social sub-system, evolves over a long period of time etc.
Also give appropriate and innovative examples to explain your answer in a more lucid way.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.