Topic: Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
5) Even though India is a lucrative destination for technology companies, its uniqueness offers several challenges to them. Comment.(250 words)
Why this question
As India becomes increasingly digital and its population grows gradually, it is poised to become the top destination/ focus of intention of technology companies. However, India also poses several unique challenges to such companies. It is therefore essential to discuss thise opportunities and challenges.
Comment- here we have to express our knowledge and understanding of the issue and form an overall opinion thereupon.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to express our knowledge and understanding of the Indian society and economy in general and express our opinion as to how although it is a lucrative destination for technology companies, it poses several unique challenges to them.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– Write a few introductory lines about India. E,g mention the population size, growth predictions and also the size of the economy and its growth predictions.
- Discuss how India is an important and lucrative destination for tech companies. E.g
- Burgeoning population.
- Growing online presence of the population.
- Governments stress on adoption of technology- Digital India.
- Skilled workforce.
- A huge and growing digital market etc.
- Discuss the challenges posed by it. E.g
- Rural India- which demands applications and technologies to be compatible with local languages, low economic status of the people and low costs.
- Urban India- which demands adherence to privacy concerns, protection of the content and platforms from nefarious groups/ persons etc.
- Populism- which can lead to sudden and unexpected policy decisions.
- Protectionism- in various forms like the one provided to domestic industry etc.
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.