Topic- changes in critical geographical features (including water-bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
2) Discuss the factors responsible for the extinction of flora and fauna being witnessed today across the world.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the factors and reasons that have led to the extinction of flora and fauna being witnessed today, across the world.
Structure of the answer
Introduction- write a few introductory lines about the decrease in flora and fauna. E.g briefly mention the recent Living Planet Index report of WWF.
DIscuss in points the factors responsible for the extinction of flora and fauna across the world. E.g
- Overexploitation of species either for human consumption, use, elaboration of byproducts, or for sport.
- Habitat destruction;
- Habitat fragmentation;
- Habitat degradation
- Climate Change
- The spread of non-native species around the world;
- a single species (us) taking over a significant percentage of the world’s physical space and production; and,
- human actions increasingly directing evolution.
- chemical products associated with agriculture or other productive processes have affected many species such as honeybees and other pollinators etc.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.