Topic- Ethical issues in corporate governance
7) Analyze how corporates are dealing with the scourge of climate change?(250 words)
Why this question
The issue of climate change has taken centre stage off late and everyone is doing or is expected to do their bit to deal with the impacts of climate change. Corporate ethics require the corporates as well to put in efforts to mitigate climate change and this question enables you to examine the issue.
Key demand of the question
The question expects us to first explain why is it ethical for companies to contribute to the cause of climate change and the way in which they are doing so.
Analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Explain that climate change has become a pressing issue and everyone needs to do their bit to tackle the problems associated with climate change.
- First, discuss why is it necessary for corporates to deal with the issue of climate change –
- Converting national climate plans into reality is a complex process that requires contribution from everyone—it needs a public-private partnership. Governments and industries must work together to ensure successful implementation of Paris Agreement commitments.
- Sustainability is no longer a buzzword; it’s a core component of business strategy. It’s an approach to creating long-term value by taking into consideration how a given organisation operates in ecological, social and economic environments. Sustainability is built on the assumption that developing such strategies foster company longevity.
- Discuss the steps taken by corporates to deal with climate change
Conclusion – give your view on the necessity of this contribution and discuss way forward.