- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Development processes and the development industry the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources, issues relating to poverty and hunger.
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
One family One Job scheme of Sikkim
What to study?
For Prelims and Mains: Key features and significance of the scheme.
Context: Sikkim has announced the One family one job scheme to provide employment to the youth of Sikkim.
About the Scheme:
- One family one job scheme entitles one government job for every family in the state.
- Eligibility: Only members of those families which do not have a government job at present are eligible for government employment under the scheme.
- The government has announced that the nature of the job is not temporary and would be regularised after five years.
Sikkim is the first state in the country to launch an exclusive programme which entitles every family in the state with a government job and Sikkim earmarks 70% of its revenues towards salaries for state government employees.