Topic- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships.
8) “The first step in the evolution of ethics is a sense of solidarity with other human beings.” Comment(250 words)
Comment- here we have to express our knowledge and understanding of the issue and form an overall opinion thereupon.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to express our knowledge and understanding about solidarity in ethics. We have to express our opinion as to how and why a sense of solidarity is the first step in the evolution of ethics.
Structure of the answer
Introduction- write a few introductory lines about the solidarity. E.g Solidarity highlights in a particular way the intrinsic social nature of the human person, the equality of all in dignity and rights and the common path of individuals and peoples towards an ever more committed unity.
Discuss the importance of solidarity in ethics in detail. E.g
- Solidarity must be seen above all in its value as a moral virtue that determines the order of institutions.
- Solidarity is also an authentic moral virtue, not a “feeling of vague compassion or shallow distress at the misfortunes of so many people, both near and far.
- On the contrary, it is a firm and persevering determination to commit oneself to the common good. That is to say to the good of all and of each individual, because we are all really responsible for all
- Solidarity rises to the rank of fundamental social virtue since it places itself in the sphere of justice. It is a virtue directed par excellence to the common good.
- The principle of solidarity requires that men and women of our day cultivate a greater awareness that they are debtors of the society of which they have become part.
Write some more lines about the vital role of solidarity and take the help of other related sources to frame your answer.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.