Topic- Salient features of world’s physical geography.
2) What are the factors affecting the location of industries. Discuss in context of the movement of Iron and Steel industry.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the factors influencing the location of Industries in general and and historical movement of Iron and Steel industry across the world.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– Mention the relationship between location of Industries and the physical and human geography as well as history and politics of the region.
- Briefly discuss the factors affecting location of industries. E.g availability of raw material, land, water, labour, power, capital, transport and market etc.
- DIscuss the movement witnessed in Iron and Steel Industry. E.g
- The inputs for the industry include raw materials such as iron ore, coal and limestone, along with labour, capital, site and other infrastructure. The process of converting iron ore into steel involves many stages.
- Before 1800 A.D. iron and steel industry was located where raw materials, power supply and running water were easily available.
- Later the ideal location for the industry was near coal fields and close to canals and railways.
- After 1950, iron and steel industry began to be located on large areas of flat land near sea ports. This is because by this time steel works had become very large and iron ore had to be imported from overseas etc.
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.