- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Development processes and the development industry the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Major crops cropping patterns in various parts of the country, different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints; e-technology in the aid of farmers.
- Infrastructure- energy.
Atal Solar Krishi Pump Yojana
What to study?
- For Prelims: Key features of the scheme.
- For Mains: Significance and the need for Government’s support for in renewable energy sector.
Context: To reduce losses due to non-payment of electricity bills and also promote solar energy, Maharashtra state government has launched Atal Solar Krishi Pump Yojana.
Atal Solar Krishi Pump Yojana:
- Under the scheme, the government of Maharashtra has decided to give two LED bulbs, a DC fan and a mobile charging socket as freebies to farmers.
- The scheme provides a subsidy of up to 95% on solar pumpsets. The State plans to install one lakh solar pumps.
- Eligibility: Under the Scheme, farmers with less than five acres will have to pay 5% of the cost of a 3 HP solar pump while farmers with more than five acres will get a 5 HP solar pump for Rs 30000.
- The Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co Ltd (Msedcl) is the implementing agency.
The scheme would be beneficial to farmers who reside in remote areas where the agricultural feeder is not possible.