Topic– Ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions;
6) What are the various kinds of dilemmas faced by a public servant. Discuss with examples.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about various kinds of ethical dilemmas faced by a public servant. We also have to give examples for each such kind of dilemma, in order to bring clarity to our answer.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the meaning of an ethical dilemma. E.g briefly write about what is an ethical dilemma.
Discuss the various kinds of ethical dilemmas faced by a public servant. E.g
- Dilemmas Involving Fairness- What matters potentially influence your ability to work in the public interest and represent all constituents equally and fairly?
- Dilemmas Involving Conflicts between Personal Interests and the Public’s Interest- Do you have personal interests that conflict with your duty of loyalty to the public you have been elected to serve?
- Dilemmas Involving the Faithful Execution of your Official Duties- Can you competently fulfill the responsibilities of your office?
- Dilemmas Involving Acting with Integrity- Do you conduct yourself honestly and with the integrity expected from public officials?
- Dilemmas Involving Accountability- To maintain the public trust do you act in a manner that is transparent and is accountable to your constituents?
Give examples of each such kind of ethical dilemmas.
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.