Topic- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service , integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
8) How do you think can the value of integrity be realized in public services. Discuss.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about our thoughts as to how we believe, the value of integrity can be realized/ demonstrated in public service.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– Give a simple definition of integrity. E.g Integrity means behaving in an honest, fair, and ethical manner etc.
Discuss how integrity can be realized in public services. E.g
- Treating others fairly and with respect
- Taking responsibility for own work, including problems and issues
- Using applicable professional standards and established procedures and policies when taking action and making decisions
- Identifying ethical dilemmas and conflict of interest situations and takes action to avoid and preventing them
- Anticipating and preventing breaches in confidentiality and/or security
- Does not acquiesce to inappropriate personal requests for favors, political pressure, or promise of gain
- Displays fortitude to support ethical actions that may negatively impact self or stakeholders etc.
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.