- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
India Post ventures into new arena of e-market place.
The Ministry of State for Communications (Independent Charge), launched the e-Commerce Portal of the Department of Posts (DoP).
It will provide an e-Market place to sellers especially to rural artisans/self-help groups/ women entrepreneurs/State and Central PSUs/Autonomous Bodies etc. to sell their products to buyers across the Country.
- The small and local sellers (who were left) will now, by leveraging the vast physical and IT network of DoP, be able to maximize their reach and retailing power.
- The buyers can access the products of their choice displayed by sellers on the portal and place online orders by making digital payments.
Post Office Savings Bank (POSB):
Under Core Banking Solution (CBS), an internet banking facility for Post Office Savings Bank (POSB) customers has been launched.
- Now, nearly 17 Crore POSB accounts will be intra-operable and customers can also transfer funds online to RD and PPF accounts of Post Offices.
- It helps to do transactions without physically visiting post offices.
Deen Dayal SPARSH:
The Department of Posts had launched a scholarship program for school children called Deen Dayal SPARSH (i.e., Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby).
Objective of Deen Dayal SPARSH –
To bring philately to the mainstream of the education system and incentivizing it, in 2017.
- Shri Sinha (Minister of State for Communications) presented the Meghdoot Awards to the Gramin Dak Sewak (GDS) and employees of the Department in eight categories in recognition of their outstanding contribution.