- Development processes and the development industry – the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy conferred Skoch Award for National Significance.
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has been conferred the Skoch Award for National Significance.
The award has been conferred considering its purpose and critical role played in installing about 73 GW renewable energy capacity in the country.
With 21 per cent of total installed capacity, within the year renewable energy grossed one billion units of electricity in the country.
- India ranks fourth in the world in wind energy capacity, and
- India ranks fifth in solar & total energy capacity installed in the world.
India had played a critical role in setting up of international solar alliance.
- It is a think tank dealing with socio-economic issues with a focus on inclusive growth since 1997.
- It has instituted India’s highest independent civilian honours in the field of governance, finance, technology, economics and social sector.
Skoch Award 2018
Who can nominate?
- Central government
- State government
- Local body
- City/District administration
- State Owned Enterprises/Undertakings
SKOCH Award celebrates excellence of governance delivery by domain departments. This includes having sufficient familiarity, capacity and knowledge about the functionality of their systems, processes and outcomes.