Topic: Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
3) Discuss the various schemes introduced by India for socio-economic empowerment of women.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the various schemes introduced by the government of India in order to empower women socially and economically.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the issues faced by Indian women. E.g illiteracy, female foeticide, poor representation in workforce, sexual harassment and violence , patriarchal mindset etc.
Discuss in points and briefly describe the schemes and programmes launched by the government of India to empower women socially and economically. E.g
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
- One Stop Centre Scheme
- Women Helpline Scheme
- UJJAWALA : A Comprehensive Scheme for Prevention of trafficking and Rescue, Rehabilitation and Re-integration of Victims of Trafficking and Commercial Sexual Exploitation
- Working Women Hostel
- SWADHAR Greh (A Scheme for Women in Difficult Circumstances)
- Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women (STEP)
- NARI SHAKTI PURASKAR
- Mahila police Volunteers
- Mahila E-Haat
- Mahila Shakti Kendras (MSK)
Conclusion– based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.