- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes
- Infrastructure and related issues.
“8 States achieve 100% household electrification under Saubhagya; total 15 States now have 100% household electrification”.
8 States have achieved 100% saturation in household electrification under Saubhagya namely Madhya Pradesh, Tripura, Bihar, J&K, Mizoram, Sikkim, Telangana and West Bengal.
Saubhagya – ‘Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana’:
- Its objective is to provide access to electricity connections to all the remaining households in the country.
- Scheme will provide subsidy on equipment such as transformers, wires and meters.
- Ministry of Power would be the implementing authority.
- Power connection will be provided in both rural and urban areas of the country.
- The scheme was launched on the occasion of the birth centenary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya on 25th
Award Scheme under Saubhagya:
- An award scheme has been instituted with awards of more than Rs. 300 crore to be won by States/Discoms.
- The first DISCOM/Power Departments who complete 100% household electrifications will be felicitated with cash award of Rs. 50 Lakh for the employees and 100 crore grants for distribution infrastructure.
The Government is committed to ensure 24×7 access to electricity for all by 31st March 2019.
Benefits to the Citizen:
- Electrification has direct positive impact on the quality of all aspects of daily life, especially to the women and children.
- With deeper penetration, significant improvement is expected in other services like education, health, communication, etc.
- It gives opportunities for economic activities leading to employment generation, increase in income and poverty alleviation.