- Women and Related Issues
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) for Himachal Pradesh.
The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh launched Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) for Himachal Pradesh.
Himachal Pradesh is the first state to launch pan-India single emergency number ‘112’ under ERSS.
It will connect to Police, Fire, Health and other helplines through an Emergency Response Centre in the State.
A “SHOUT” Feature:
- To ensure safety of women, a SHOUT feature has been introduced in 112 India mobile app to seek immediate assistance from registered volunteers in the vicinity apart from the immediate assistance from Emergency Response Centre.
- This feature is exclusively available for women.
Central Government has allocated Rs 321.69 crore under Nirbhaya Fund for implementation of ERSS project across the country.
What is Nirbhaya Fund?
- In order to eradicate violence against women and girls, Central Government has set up Nirbhaya Fund.
- It is administered by the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance.
- It can be utilized for projects for women safety and security.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development is the nodal authority for appraising/recommending the proposals/schemes to be funded under Nirbhaya fund.