- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff to Visit Russia (From 26 to 29 November 2018)
What to Study?
- Dynamic Part: India-Russia Maritime Exercise
Aim of the visit:
- To consolidate bilateral defence relations with Russia, and
- To explore new avenues for defence cooperation.
- The Indian Navy and the Russian Federation Navy cooperates on many aspects like operational interactions, training, hydrography cooperation and exchange of Subject Matter Experts in various fields through the medium of Navy-to-Navy staff Talks.
- They both have conducted bilateral Maritime Exercise ‘INDRA NAVY’, since 2003, followed by INDRA Tri-Services Exercise since 2017 (Next edition of INDRA NAVY Exercise is scheduled at Viskhapatnam in December 2018).