- MWCD links Sexual Harassment Complaints Portal ‘She-Box’ to central/state ministries & districts for speedy disposal of cases.
(Ministry of Women and Child Development)
The Ministry of Women and Child Development has linked She-Box, the online portal to report complaints of Sexual Harassment at Workplace, to all the Central Ministries, Departments and 653 districts across 33 States/Union Territories.
The portal can be accessed at the following link: http://shebox.nic.in/
- An effort to provide speedy remedy to women facing sexual harassment at workplace.
- Once a complaint is submitted, it will be directly sent to the section of the employer concerned.
- Here, both the WCD and the complainant can monitor the progress of the inquiry.
- Those who have already filed a written complaint with the concerned Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) or Local Complaint Committee (LCC) constituted under the Sexual Harassment Act are also eligible to file their complaint through this portal.
Handbook and Training Module on the Sexual Harassment Act:
The Ministry has published a Handbook and Training Module to provide information about the provisions of the Act in easy to use practical manner.
The private organizations are encouraged to customize the Training Module as per their extant service rules and disciplinary procedures prescribed therein.
This is a proactive step taken in the wake of the worldwide campaign #MeToo, where women have related their experience of facing sexual harassment and abuse at workplace.