Topic– Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government.
6) What do you think are the different types (levels) of leadership in public service. Discuss. (250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. We also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question
The question wants us to write in detail about the different stages of leadership (in terms of levels of leadership) in public service.
Structure of the answer
Introduction– write a few introductory lines about the meaning of leadership.
Discuss separately the stages of leadership. E.g
- The Brute Force Model- You do what I tell you to do or I will hurt you!” .
- Leadership through Stripes- “You do what I tell you to do because I have two chevrons on my sleeve and you have one.”
- Leadership by Expertise- “you do what I ask you to do because I can show you how to do it and you can learn.”
- Leadership through Espirit´- The group is so completely focused on a shared mission that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Discuss each style briefly and bring out the pros and cons of each style.
Conclusion- based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.