Topic– Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships.
7) Is There A Difference Between Ethics And Morality. Discuss.(250 words)
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Key demand of the question.
The question wants us to write in detail about the difference between ethics and morality.
Structure of the answer
Introduction- write a few introductory lines about the relationship between the terms ethics and morality. E.g mention that the terms are often used interchangeably.
Discuss in points the difference between ethics and morality. E.g
- Ethics focuses on the decision-making process for determining right and wrong, which sometimes is a matter of weighing the pros and cons or the competing values and interest. Morality is a code of behavior usually based on religious tenets, which often inform our ethical decisions.
- Morals come from within. One’s own internal compass. Ethics are more extrinsic rule sets to guide us all.
- Ethics deals with codes of conduct set my policies in the workplace and morality is the standards that we individually set for ourselves in regards to right and wrong.
- Ethics is a set of principles developed purposefully over time. Morality is something one feels intuitively.
- Ethics is a map of how one makes choices. Morality is an established code that can be used to judge behavior.
- Ethics contains standards of what should be. What we “ought” to do. Morality is more of what we do – how we actually behave – focused on what “is” etc.
Conclusion– sum up your discussion in a few lines and form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the above issue.