TOPIC: India and its bilateral relations
2) Analyze the strategic content in India’s Act East Policy?(250 words)
Why this question
Indo Pacific is the hub of geopolitics. 21st century is widely perceived to be Asian century and various countries in Asia and around the world are recalibrating their foreign policy to gain strategic advantage. India’s Act East Policy is very important in this regard.
Key demand of the question
The question is focussing specifically on the strategic angle in India’s Act East policy. Thus, the overall strategic content of Act East Policy as well as the strategic content of India’s relationship with other countries of ASEAN needs to be brought out. Along with that, how should India utilize it’s Act East Policy to gain greater strategic advantage needs to be analyzed.
Analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Explain India’s Act East Policy.
- Discuss the strategic angle in India’s Act East Policy.
- Focus on the individual countries in ASEAN and analyze how Act East Policy can be utilised to gain greater strategic foothold in the region
- Examine the threats related to security that India faces in the region.
- Analyze how India can better make use of its policy
Conclusion – Present a fair and balanced summary of the arguments made above and paint a way forward for Indian foreign policy.