Topic – Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation ; Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
6) Discuss the importance of biofuels for India? Critically examine whether the national policy on biofuels will help India unlock it’s biofuel potential?(250 words)
Why this question
The question is important as the cabinet has a fortnight back approved the national policy on biofuels.
Key demand of the question
Following points are to be incorporated in your answer
- The ways in which biofuels can resolve several of India’s challenges
- The main points of the national policy on biofuels and how it will help India unlock it’s biofuel potential. Also point out its shortcomings
Discuss – highlight the key ways in which biofuels are beneficial for India
Critically examine – When you are asked to examine, you have to probe deeper into the topic, get into details, and find out the causes or implications if any . When ‘critically’ is suffixed or prefixed to a directive, all you need to do is look at the good and bad of something and give a fair judgement.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – mention that cabinet has recently approved the national policy on biofuels.
- Highlight the ways in which biofuel is advantageous for the country
- Discuss the main provisions of the policy
- Examine its pros and cons in helping India unlock it’s biofuel potential. Discuss under heads like financing, supply chain, raw materials etc
Conclusion – Present your view and highlight the importance of assessing technical and financial feasibility as well as focus on implementation.