TOPIC:Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
1) Ancient Indian science and philosophies had several real achievements. Discuss and thereafter, critically analyze the recently undertaken NCERT textbook review?(250 words)
Why this question
The recent changes brought about in NCERT textbooks have put greater emphasis on enhancing our knowledge and understanding of the science and philosophies of ancient India. Ancient Indian science and philosophy was very rich and Weber had said that we would be ignoring Indian school of thought reflects the paucity of the west (albeit in context of political philosophy). In this context, discussion on the contribution made by ancient Indian knowledge and whether or not the move to change syllabus of NCERT books is required.
Key demand of the question
The question expects us to initially bring out the major contributions of the philosophy and science of ancient India. We are also expected to discuss whether the textbook changes are justified. For this, we have to first mention the changes and thereafter analyze the causes and the impact behind such changes and whether it is justified.
Discuss – Highlight the achievements of the science and philosophies of ancient India.
Critically analyze – Thereafter discuss the changes made, examine the causes behind making those changes, examine whether the changes are required at those levels, whether it is part of propaganda or would enable students to be more appreciative of our ancient history. At the end, it own view on the changes have to be provided
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Highlight the reason behind this question. NCERT changes as well as frequent reference to our glorious past, need to learn ehat actually are their achievements.
- Highlight the advancement made in the field of medical science, astronomy, Mathematics, metaphysical aspects etc
- In the next part of our answer compare and contrast the above point with the changes made in NCERT textbooks
- Analyze the benefits that reading about the achievements would have for the students.
- Present your view on the changes made
Examine – Summarize the latter part of the argument and present your view on NCERT textbook revision.