TOPIC: The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors
/contributions from different parts of the country.
1)The Vaikom Satyagraha was the first systematically organized agitation in Kerala against orthodoxy to secure the rights of the depressed classes. Analyze.(250 words)
Key demand of the question
The key phrase in the question is “first systematically organised agitation”. Thus we have to analyze how vaikom Satyagraha took forward the reform movements aimed at eliminating caste discrimination by making it more systematic, organising their charter of demands and systematically protesting. Basically we have to contrast the earlier reform movements against Vaikom Satyagraha and examine how the latter was an improvement.
Analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Introduce with details about vaikom Satyagraha such as the nature of the movement, the aims and objectives, leaders involved etc
- Analyze the nature of the reform movements – both vaikom and others and how all the reform movements were in similar vein
- Analyze what made vaikom Satyagraha different from the other reform movements – how it was more organised and systematic.
- Discuss whether all the important leaders were involved
- Linkages with national politics
- The way the movement was managed and handled
- Involvement of the masses and organisational capacity etc
Conclusion – Summarize how the said movement differed from other reform movements