Topic: India and neighbourhood relations
4)The upcoming visit of prime minister to Nepal provides an opportunity to address the difficult aspects of bilateral relations. Examine. (250 words)
Why this question
The upcoming high profile visit provides a chance to examine the issues in India Nepal relationship, the potential as well. The relationship is passing through a see saw stage and it is critical for us to examine the relationship in depth.
Key demand of the question
Following aspects have to be discussed in the answer
- The details of the visit
- Highlight the issues in our bilateral relationship
- Discuss ways in which our cooperation in various aspects can be further strengthened and our issues can be ironed out
- Your view on the future of India Nepal relationship.
Examine – When you are asked to examine, you have to probe deeper into the topic, get into details, and find out the causes or implications if any .
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Discuss the ideal course of India Nepal relationship and the significance of the visit in a series of high profile visits
- Highlight the details of several high profile visits taking place and what it conveys about the significance of Nepal in India’s foreign policy architecture
- Examine the issues in our bilateral relationship in detail. Discuss it under various heads like economic, strategic, China angle, energy cooperation etc
- Examine the impact that these issues would have on our bilateral relationship if left unresolved
- Mention ways in which our cooperation can be further strengthened
Conclusion – Highlight the significance of Nepal in achieving our foreign policy objective and intensification of China’s strategy to box India in south Asia which should sensitize us to the need of addressing these issues soon.