Topic: Indian Economy and issues relating to employment ; Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
6)The nature of post industrial ecosystem has created newer and more complex challenges for job creation. Examine these challenges in Indian context and suggest ways to address them.(250 words)
Why this question
The rising use of technology like AI in economy, governance etc has put the future of human labour at peril. Recently our PM has also envisioned greater use of AI in governance etc. At a time, when job creation in the economy is under the scanner, this development will make the issue more complex. Hence it needs to be examined.
Key demand of the question
Following are the points that need to be discussed in the answer
- What is the nature of post industrial ecosystem and the nature of challenges created by it
- Examine the employment scenario in India
- Examine how this development is bound to put India in a difficult spot – the need of providing jobs to reap the demographic dividend and the fast loss of traditional jobs in manufacturing and services.
- Discuss the challenges in front of India
- Suggest measures to help deal with the situation
Examine – When you are asked to examine, you have to probe deeper into the topic, get into details, and find out the causes or implications if any.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Highlight the technological developments that have taken us in a post industrial ecosystem
- Explain nature of the post industrial ecosystem and how it changes the nature of work. More automations etc
- Discuss in brief the employments situation in India – lack of jobs in manufacturing sector, lack of skills etc
- Discuss how the status quo is going to get aggravated in future with job losses occurring in even well performing sectors like IT, Banking etc
- Discuss the challenges in front of India – poor skilling, poor infrastructure , lack of human capacity development, outdated system of education etc – all of which make it more difficult and complex for us to achieve the transformation
- Suggest way forward such as the need for constantly upgrading our skills and others as mentioned in the article.
Conclusion – Bring out the need for adapting to rapidly changing technology and the need for government to recognise this challenge and work on the way forward.