Topic – Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the
performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the
protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections
5)Critically analyze whether the ‘Transformation of Aspirational Districts’ initiative would help India India address the growing inter state and inter district disparities?(250 words)
Why this question
The rising inequality in India makes it imperative for us to ensure regional parity in development. Transformation of aspirational district initiative is a key focus area of the government as evident by the focus accorded by Niti Ayog and PMO. Hence learning about the strategy, impacts etc of the initiative becomes important.
Key demand of the question
The focus of the answer should be on bringing out the following points
- Bring out the problem of inter region inequality in India and the need of addressing this issue
- Details of the initiative. What is the initiative about etc
- Strategy of the initiative. How the initiative plans to achieve its objective of reducing inequality and achieving prosperity in districts
- Highlight the strengths and weakness of the initiative and provide your opinion on the same
Critically analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary. You need to conclude with a fair judgement, after analyzing the nature of each component part and interrelationship between them.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Highlight the problem of glaring inter regional inequality in India and how the said initiative aims to change the status quo.
- Facts and figures to prove that inter regional inequality is an issue that requires intense focus
- Details of transformation of aspirational districts – what is the initiative, how it plans to achieve its aims , areas where it aims to make an impact etc
- Analyze whether the areas chosen for the projects would help achieve a transformational change. Analyze whether the baseline ranking methodology and the focus on data collection and monitoring would ho achieve development in these regions. Etc
Conclusion – Based on your arguments above, mention your stand.