Topic – Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the
performance of these schemes; Environmental pollution and degradation
2)The benefits accrued on account of Saubhagya scheme should be utilised to address the issue of clean cooking fuel once and for all. Examine.(250 words)
Why this question
India is catching up on providing access to basic services like clean water, electricity to all sections of population which would help alleviate poverty as defined under MPI. Access to clean cooking fuel is a major service whose access so far has been limited in India. Hence this issue needs examination.
Key demand of the question
The question expects us to bring out the following issues
- What are the benefits accrued on account of Saubhagya scheme
- What are issues related to access to clean cooking fuel
- What steps are being taken to provide access to clean cooking fuel
- How can benefits accrued through Saubhagya scheme help
Examine – When you are asked to examine, you have to probe deeper into the topic, get into details, and find out the causes or implications if any . You are required to discuss the main points discussed above.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – Mention the criticality of providing access to clean cooking fuel and also explain Saubhagya scheme in brief.
- Benefits of Saubhagya scheme
- Access to electricity
- Latest figures
- Issues faced due to lack of access to cooking fuel
- Gender issue
- Steps taken by government so far
- Ujjwala scheme
- Issues with this step
- How can Saubhagya scheme help – take ideas from the article
Conclusion – Mention the need of solving this issue by highlighting its impacts . End with a way forward.