TOPIC:Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating
to Health, Education, Human Resources.
4) Taking cues from Rajasthan’s Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana, on which the centre’s National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS), critically examine the nature of issues that will be faced by this scheme.(250 words)
Why this question.
The issue of health has been one of the most critical challenge faced by the recent. The issue of health coverage for the vulnerable section is sought to be improved through NHPS. Thus complete analysis of NHPS is important for the exam.
Key demand of the question
The question demands us to analyze the challenges and the shortcomings of NHPS taking cues from the experience of Rajasthan govt in implementing Bhamashah scheme. We also have to suggest the way forward based on the experiences of Bhamashah and other best practices
Critically examine – have to analyze NHPS and Bhamashah from multiple perspectives and provide an opinion on the future of the scheme.
Structure of the answer
Introduction – discuss the health challenge faced by state and the need for a comprehensive health coverage scheme.
- Discuss details of both the schemes
- Take cues from the learnings of Bhamashah and extrapolate it to NHPS
- Also discuss experience of the state in implementing the scheme previous to this with similar objectives – RSBY
- Discuss what can be done to better outcomes
Conclusion – mention your stand on the future of the scheme and suggest a way forward to mitigate the risks and shortcomings.