Topic: -The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
2) The Revolutionaries supplemented the national cause and carried the message of nationalism in the country and outside the country. Discuss in light of the contribution of revolutionaries to Indian freedom struggle. (250 Words)
India’s Struggle for Independence, Chapter – 11 (Bipan Chandra)
Key demand of the question
- Revolutionaries “supplemented” the national cause – main role was played by the extremists/ Gandhi. Examine this hypothesis by arguing both for and against
- Discuss how and when revolutionaries carried the message abroad – Main part of the answer
- Overall picture of the role of revolutionaries
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the role of the revolutionaries by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Introduction – Discuss who were revolutionaries and how they were different from Moderates and Extremists
- Compare and contrast the role of revolutionaries with other school of freedom fighters
- DIscuss the impacts of revolutionaries vis a vis moderates/extremist. Bring out both pluses and misses
- Should be short
- Thereafter role abroad. Here divide into heads
- Publications like that of Madam Bhikaji Cama
- Diplomacy – meetings between revolutionaries and leaders
- Arranging army etc
- Mention Komagata Maru etc
- Also highlight the shortcomings – such as lack of organization etc
Conclusion – Mention that each group contributed in their own way and that revolutionaries played a critical role in spreading the message of indian freedom struggle abroad.