[Insights Secure – 2018] Daily UPSC Mains Answer Writing Practice: 02 April 2018
Click on EACH question to post/upload you answers.
How to Follow Secure Initiative?
How to Self-evaluate your answer?
LIST of TOPICS (Static)
REVISION TIMETABLE FOR PRELIMS – 2018
Henceforth, we will cover MORE issues in Secure, and provide explanations/directions/hints to 4-5 most important questions.
Meanwhile, Please Give us 3-4 days to come back to New Secure – Trying to cope up with many things at a Time.
General Studies – 1
Topic: The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
1) The only noticeable contribution of moderates to India’s struggle for freedom is the economic critique of colonialism. Comment. (250 Words)
India’s Struggle for Independence, Chapter – 7
General Studies – 2
Topic: Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein
2) 15th Finance Commission’s suggestion to use population figures from 2011 census instead of 1971 census for sharing tax revenue among states has triggered opposition from South India. Examine why. Also comment if southern states are unfairly subsidising northern states. (250 Words)
Topic: Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary
3) Fixity of tenure and removal only by impeachment, no doubt, are guarantees for independence. But, do you think there should be some safeguards before the impeachment motion, tabled by the requisite number of Members of Parliament, is admitted? Comment. (250 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
4) Discuss the merits and demerits of recent draft defence production policy. (250 Words)
5) Examine how poaching has been curbed in Kaziranga. Also examine what it takes to step up conservation in Kaziranga. (250 Words)
Topic: Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices;
6) Schemes to ensure that farmers get fair returns will come a cropper unless trade and tariffs are synced with minimum support prices. Analyse. (250 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics
Other IMPORTANT issues that are NOT covered Today in Secure/Covered Previously:
- Social Media and Politics – The Hindu
- Air India Privatisation – The Hindu
- India, WTO and its Trade Policies- Livemint